Baked Chipotle Chicken Flautas
Try a quick, inexpensive meal everyone will love. It’s finger food, so it’s as fun as it is tasty.
- 10 Mission® Small/Fajita Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 (10) oz can of reduced fat and sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 (4) oz can of diced green chile peppers, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons canola oil mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of ground chipotle pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Mix all above ingredients (except flour tortillas, canola oil, and ground chipotle pepper) in a medium size saucepan. Heat over medium heat until hot. Remove from heat.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of the chicken filling along the edge of a tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla up more tight than loose.
- Put a toothpick through the middle of the flauta to hold in place.
- Place on a sprayed large baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- In a small bowl mix together the canola oil and ground chipotle pepper.
- Lightly brush the flautas with the oil mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- Remove toothpicks, slice each flautas on the diagonal.
- Transfer on your favorite fiesta platter, sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro, serve with low fat sour cream and salsa.