This Mexican classic is the perfect way to get the party started!
- 4 Mission® Medium/Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray to coat
- Place a medium size non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Microwave the Mission® tortillas in-between damp paper towels on high for 10-15 seconds to warm.
- Remove and spread out warm tortillas on your clean work surface. Top one half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese. Fold over the other half to create 4 half moon shape tortillas.
- Lightly spray pre-heated pan with non-stick cooking spray, lay two quesadillas in the pan and toast each side for 1-1/2 minutes (You want a golden brown color and crispy tortilla); remove and cut each quesadilla into quarters. Repeat for the 2 remaining quesadillas.
- Serve hot!
1. Top your quesadillas with Mission® Salsas or Guacamole Dip.
2. For a spicier version add Mission® Nacho Sliced Jalapenos when you top with cheese, in step 3.
3. Experiment with your families favorite flavors to create tasty fillings.
Remember, Quesadillas are great served anytime of the day: snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner.